Sign in to follow this  
llama_au

Juliette's '98 N15 Pulsar Sedan

I can't believe how fast this is being done!!!

The engine and transmission are sitting in the car (engine is literally just hovering on a hoist because the wrong engine mount arrived.) The intercooler is mounted, the middle slats are cut out of the front bar as is a little of the back of the front bar. Wiring harness is 60% complete. The battery tray has been relocated to allow for the cooler piping to be as straight as possible, and a boxed pod will be taking it's old spot. The little bit of surface rust in the photos is going to be fixed and painted over before the pod box is put in it's place. It'll be a K&N Pod.

One good side effect; part of the intercooler top and bottom is blocked by the front bar, however there will be a bit of a gap. The up-curve of the lip should deflect some of the air up through top gap. I doubt it'll make much difference, but it should make some. So it's not just for looks :D

I'm impressed with the progress.

P2210001.jpg

P2210002.jpg

P2210009.jpg

P2210004.jpg

P2210005.jpg

P2210003.jpg

P2210006.jpg

P2210010.jpg

Geez Juliette, you're really getting there.

The workshop are sticking to schedules which is VERY rare!!

Hopefully my SR20 will be on the road soon too :)

All the best with the conversion and I'll see you at a meet soon.

Greg

Hey Greg!

I was surprised you weren't at the Ozcruise Mega Cruise last Saturday, Billy was there. We ended up counting 207 cars, but there could have been more. How's the 'iR going anyway?

The workshop are great, I couldn't recommend them any higher. They are definitely the most professional workshop I've come across. They tell it like it is.

Thanks, it's the first in Aus to go Auto GA to Auto SR, so I'm crossing my fingers too.

And so ends Day 3 of the conversion.

The engine and transmission are now in and staying where they are. The surface rust underneath the old battery tray position has been cut back and sprayed over. Over the top now sits the pod box which will house a K&N pod filter. The gauges have been fitted under the air-con controls and will be wired up tomorrow. Tomorrow also brings finishing and fitting the wiring loom.

And here are todays piccies:

P2220006.jpg

P2220003.jpg

P2220002.jpg

P2220001.jpg

P2220007.jpg

P2220005.jpg

Good to see its all happening. Alot people say "I'm putting this engine in next year", then they don't.

Nice work.

Good to see its all happening. Alot people say "I'm putting this engine in next year", then they don't.

Nice work.

Yeah, true. I normally stick to my guns though :)

Not as many pretty pictures to show you today. A couple of interesting things. Apparently the dump pipe was hitting on the cross-member because of the angle, so they fortunately had one lying around that was the right angle and cleared it. The engine bay is starting to look more like an engine bay. The battery is in it's new position as are the fuse boxes. I also learnt something new to do with swaybars. I had no idea that the adjustments don't need to be symmetrical on both sides. ie. if you move the setting down a notch on one side you don't have to do it to the other side. So effectively my Whiteline swaybar has 6 adjustments, not 3 :)

P2230001.jpg

P2230003.jpg

P2230004.jpg

P2230005.jpg

P2230007.jpg

Herro Mr. Turbo

P2230008.jpg

Herro dirty underneath of car. Honestly, I'd hardly ever looked underneath the car before so I spent about 10 minutes just browsing.

P2230009.jpg

THATS GONNA BE ONE SPASTIC RIDE LOL HOPE U LIKE BURNOUTS LOL EVEN IF ITS FRONT WHEEL DRIVE I WOULD GIVE IT HELL ANYWAYZ WHO IS DOING THE CONVERSION FOR YOU COZ I WANNA SLAM A 13BT IN MY 323

Again, not much to show today. The fiddly parts are being done. The AFM has the wrong plug gender so the right one is being sourced. Intake has been ducted. Grille, lip and wheels are back on the car. The wiring is nearly completely finished. And I got the rocker cover off and went to Autobarn to pick some paint and clear coat. Decided to settle on a blue with silver metallic paint and also a can of clear coat instead of the black I went there to buy. The raised letters are going to be polished metal :D Thanks Lee :) (The picture is just the first coat, but it gives you an idea. The colour isn't that light in person.)

P2240010.jpg

P2240011.jpg

P2240013.jpg

P2240012.jpg

P2240014.jpg

very nice .. well done on the job

looks nice as

- cheers ;)

Ohhhhh it's auto. Still good though, nice job on the Conversion. Looks like fun.

-Jimmy.

Stress more than fun, it'll be fun when it's driving (probably another 4 days away.)

Day 6's progress; more wiring and fiddly bits today. Tomorrow the intercooler piping gets made. IT might be started on Wednesday :D

Today's pics:

P2270001.jpg

P2270004.jpg

P2270002.jpg

P2270003.jpg

I've got my reasons for staying auto...even if they make the conversion a tiny bit harder.

Ohhhhh it's auto. Still good though, nice job on the Conversion. Looks like fun.

-Jimmy.

Not much to report today, apparently the pin-outs on the ECU are causing headaches. Does anybody have a wiring diagram for an Auto PNW10 Avenir Ecu...or know where to find one? Or an SR20DET Auto ECU Wiring diagram in general? Nissan can't help. Apparently the bit the TPS plugs into has 6 pins and the TPS has 3(?), at least I think that's what they said.

P2280004.jpg

And my car found a fast friend to play around with:

P2280005.jpg

No pics today; the ECU and wires everywhere isn't much to look at. I managed to dig up some SR20DET ECU pinouts and they tested the signals. They pretty much dug up the same info as I did. Nissan don't have the diagrams in their service manual for any SR20DET-equipped car that we could get hold of. It's also not your standard engine swap so there's a bit of crossing fingers involved. They were pretty much crossing their fingers and about to start the car when I left at 5pm. So tomorrow it should be running!!!

Damn, u must be getting excited now!!!! i am, and its not even my car!!!

its a sweet ride, except for the auto box, but its cool that ur sticking to ur guns...

cant wait for the finished poduct, hope that its all ready tomorrow!

very nice indeed. i like it wen people say there going to do something big, and actually do it!! my car is also in the workshop atm gettin a conversion but i think yours is going to be finished before mine.

No pics today.

Not much progress, actually a little bit of a setback. When they tried to connect power the wiring loom started pissing out smoke and the battery terminal got red hot. The poor guy doing my wiring burnt his hands pulling the terminal off the battery to stop the short. Luckily nothing important was connected at the time. They've been tracing the wires back to see where the short is and they'll have to replace the sensor and wiring that melted. Apparently there was a hell of a lot of smoke when it happened and it looked like a bigger fire than it actually was.

There had to be a setback, it's all been smooth sailing up until now.

Damn, u must be getting excited now!!!! i am, and its not even my car!!!

its a sweet ride, except for the auto box, but its cool that ur sticking to ur guns...

cant wait for the finished poduct, hope that its all ready tomorrow!

Cheers. It's not going to be finished now until some time next week :(

And my car found a fast friend to play around with:

lol ur car is rooting the other one hahaha

but seriously, impressive that you have followed thru with your goals, its lookin really good and i like the cold air box. :)

hope to see it around

You probably will. I drive a fair bit (when the car isn't receiving new mods.) I hope to have it back Friday this week.

Hey Juiliette its Simon (SSSN13),

Your car just doesnt stop getting nicer! I cant wait to see it on the road, pm me when its done so we can organise to catch up!

I`ve been to AFAS before they fitted my Turbo Timer they did a very good job and did it when they said they would.

Are AFAS also making your intercooler piping? Is it going to be Alloy? And is it going to be Stainless Steel?

Keep up the good work with your car and keep the info and pics coming!

Simon

Cheers Simon, yeah, we definitely need to catch up. What were you selling the onevia for?

The cooler piping I believe is going to be stainless steel.

I went down today but my car had been sent away for the exhaust to be made and fitted. Apparently the 'cooler piping is also mostly done, so there'll be lots of pretty things to take photos of tomorrow.

Selling car because of situations like today were i get pulled over and reemed for having an import.

Luckily i have an engineers for my engine, so i definately suggest to you that it would be money well spent.

You will be definately better off in the long run if you get it engineered

That's fair enough. What are you thinking of getting? And the car is definitely going to be engineered.

Day 13, and I've got some pictures to show today.

The exhaust is done, as is part of the intercooler piping, the rest is just sitting there for show. I decided it wouldn't be such a bad idea to invest in a fire extinguisher so I bought the smallest one I could find. It should fit snugly in the passenger footwell.

P3080003.jpg

P3080001.jpg

P3080004.jpg

P3080006.jpg