Sign in to follow this  
thetoy

BLUE SLIP HELP!

BEFORE I START PLEASE DONT POST NAMES OR NUMBERS

Hi Guys ,

Im new to the forum and the 200 world and so far im loving it , i picked up my new toy on saturday and im in love , BUT now iv found myself in a conundrum , the car is out of rego and passed its 3 months just last wednesday as it was sitting waiting to be signed over etc.

Looking back now i wish i got myself a pinkslip beforehand , but i didnt and hindsight is a bitch.

So my question is , does anyone know anyone , who is a friend of a cousins brothers uncles nephew who could help me out ?

i need a blueslip reasonably asap , the car is modified but its done as legaly as posible ie. pod is boxed in with custom fab aloy box everything is plumbed back so if the slipper wants to see the car they are more than welcome but i prefer a sight unseen. willing to pay decent money. my main problem is that people are closing for xmas and my "guy" is already gone on holidays.so at this point if heading up s***t creek without a paddle.

So if anyone could please suggest someone who is more lenient or would do it "over the phone" PLEASE PM ME

Thanks in advance

!! DO NOT POST NAMES !!

sorry for the "dont post names warnings but i dont want to endup like this d***khead http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/350303-blue-slip-in-sydney/

No, there is no conundrum at all. It's an S14, meaning an ADM car, with minor mods from the sounds of it. Unless it has an LS1/RB25/2JZ swap or a huge top mount turbo, the only challenge you face is getting off your lazy arse and actually taking it in for an inspection, and we all know you're lazy given you've requested an illegal sight-unseen blue slip for a wad of cash. The shops are still open if you actually call them.

I recommend Tyre Kingdom Parramatta, as the guys that work there are decent blokes who own imports, and in my experience they actually adhere to the RTA's check list instead of adding a bunch of their own nonsense. I've had them warn me of things that would be an issue were the cops to pull me over (i.e 90% of the car), but if it isn't a component of the inspection, they won't knock it back. For a stockish ADM car, that's what you need to pass.

All you have to do is degrease the engine bay, wash the car, check all the light bulbs, check the tyre tread, check the horn, change the wiper blades, put water in the washer bottle, book it in and go there. In the event that whatever shop fails the car for some reason, it's your right to pay another shop for a new inspection anyway. Tell the RTA that the shop was trying to scam you for extra money (had this happen to me, told them to smoke a pole), or you couldn't book it in for a reinspection.

lol , it may be my first 200 , but its not my first modified car , , yes its ADM but it has f**k all to do with laziness more so i dont want to go round , shop to shop , un rego'd getting nocked back , i know the shops are open and i know you can call them , i wasnt necesarily looking for a sight unseen , ill happily take it , but i cbf dealing with the "adding a bunch of their own nonsense" shit only to get pulled over un rego'd.

Just to give your genius mind an idea of what im dealing with iv attached some photos :)

20141116_141250.jpg

20141116_141214_1.jpg

^ Exactly, if everything was done "as legally as possible" like you say what are you worried about? I've had a old beat up r32 skyline with just about every mod you can think of pass with no worries. As long as the pod is boxed, the exhaust has no leaks and isn't straight through, there's nothing too dodgy and the car isn't stolen there's no reason why you cant get a blue slip

lol , it may be my first 200 , but its not my first modified car , , yes its ADM but it has f**k all to do with laziness more so i dont want to go round , shop to shop , un rego'd getting nocked back , i know the shops are open and i know you can call them , i wasnt necesarily looking for a sight unseen , ill happily take it , but i cbf dealing with the "adding a bunch of their own nonsense" shit only to get pulled over un rego'd.

Just to give your genius mind an idea of what im dealing with iv attached some photos :)

Nice sarcasm. That's a hell of a lot more stock than my engine bay, front-end, dash, seats, suspension, brakes, etc, and I pass Pink Slip inspections just fine, and I doubt it runs worse than some junkers for which I've attained a Blue Slip.

If you took it to a shop, I expect you would either pass first time, or they would knock it back on minor things like rack boots or oil leaks. Unless there's something else more dramatic done to the car, if they write down anything other than "high mount turbo", you've all but passed rego. Once you correct the things on their list, they will only check those exact things and nothing else, so anything missed during the inspection stays missed. It's just a turn-based game at the end of the day.

I would however suggest plumbing that catch can into the intake (ditch the filter), as that's something they may point to and for good reason.

• Upvote 1

Plus you're letting unmetered air in with a filter like that

Plus you're letting unmetered air in with a filter like that

I don't see an AFM there, so it's fine, probably running a Haltech, Adaptronic, ViPec or the likes..

I would recommend removing the catch can or plumbing it back and spraying everything black.

thanks for the reply's oys , yeah im just going to run the gauntlet , i have the plumbing piece to plumb the can into the inlet but dont want oil vapour in my inlet so ill put it on for rego and piss it back off again .

Thanks again guys

thanks for the reply's oys , yeah im just going to run the gauntlet , i have the plumbing piece to plumb the can into the inlet but dont want oil vapour in my inlet so ill put it on for rego and piss it back off again .

Thanks again guys