Which would u want? (stock)  

1,056 members have voted

1. 1. Which would u want? (stock)

• Old model Supra
    • New model Supra
    • R32 Gtst
    • R33 Gtst
    • R34 Gtt

I don't beleive this topic is STILL GOING!

If you want performance, you can't go past the Supra RZ. It's that simple. The engine is rock solid and as stated can handle a LOT of power before it needs new internals. This makes modding them cheaper. Also the sequential twin turbo setup means that the extra 500ccs get another kick in the arse for more low end torque, great for road use.

I read an article on a US garages website saying they had a drag R34 GTR with a RB26DETT pushing out something like 600rwkw. They had to rebuild the engine a few times and the engine ended up throwing a piston or something. So they chucked the RB26 and got themselves a 2JZ-GTE. They pushed a touch less power out of it (570kw I think) and it had a faster quarter mile time (the power was less peaky, so it had more time with more power, just not as high peak). They ran it for twice as long as the RB26 lasted, and didn't even have to rebuild it. At the time the article was written, the 2JZ was yet to cause them problems. It also cost them less to get the 2JZ to that power. That's on stock internals.

So there's a very good advertisment for the 2JZ. Apparently a few garages in the US are following these guys lead, and putting 2JZs in Skylines.

The Supra RZ is comparable to the GTR series Skylines. In some ways, the GTRs win, but most of those ways are track racing ways. For day driving and reliability, and straight out power, the RZ wins IMHO.

Compared to GTS-Ts and GTTs, there is no competition. The JZA80 Supra RZ wins hands down!

Once again, mods:

I'd ditch the standard twins and get some steel wheel ballbearing twin turbos and up the boost. I'd keep the twin setup, to make a more driveable street car.

Obviously a full exhaust is in order, and perhaps a new front mount. Then I'd worry about suspension.

Oh, I'd also get a new front bar. I love the supra, but the stock bar is one ugly customer.

I don't beleive this topic is STILL GOING!

If you want performance, you can't go past the Supra RZ. It's that simple. The engine is rock solid and as stated can handle a LOT of power before it needs new internals. This makes modding them cheaper. Also the sequential twin turbo setup means that the extra 500ccs get another kick in the arse for more low end torque, great for road use.

I read an article on a US garages website saying they had a drag R34 GTR with a RB26DETT pushing out something like 600rwkw. They had to rebuild the engine a few times and the engine ended up throwing a piston or something. So they chucked the RB26 and got themselves a 2JZ-GTE. They pushed a touch less power out of it (570kw I think) and it had a faster quarter mile time (the power was less peaky, so it had more time with more power, just not as high peak). They ran it for twice as long as the RB26 lasted, and didn't even have to rebuild it. At the time the article was written, the 2JZ was yet to cause them problems. It also cost them less to get the 2JZ to that power. That's on stock internals.

So there's a very good advertisment for the 2JZ. Apparently a few garages in the US are following these guys lead, and putting 2JZs in Skylines.

The Supra RZ is comparable to the GTR series Skylines. In some ways, the GTRs win, but most of those ways are track racing ways. For day driving and reliability, and straight out power, the RZ wins IMHO.

Compared to GTS-Ts and GTTs, there is no competition. The JZA80 Supra RZ wins hands down!

Once again, mods:

I'd ditch the standard twins and get some steel wheel ballbearing twin turbos and up the boost. I'd keep the twin setup, to make a more driveable street car.

Obviously a full exhaust is in order, and perhaps a new front mount. Then I'd worry about suspension.

Oh, I'd also get a new front bar. I love the supra, but the stock bar is one ugly customer.

u talk to much yet obviously have minimal experience...these cars are all quite similar in performance just come down to what mods have been done on them..for ur info i have 2 mates with RZ's with normal supporting mods and our cars are even, just comes down to who gets a better start

Well it would be the 32 for me with a Rb26 :D

Kinda like what i got set up in my ceff :lol:

I hate these threads... hate em hate em hate em....!!!!

Now now Han :P

While the Supra has the engine it just doesn't have a chassis to back it up with so I choose the R34 :)

the supra 3lt tt would be the best to drive with its monster tourqe and power potential but id go r34 just to stand out from the crowd

u talk to much yet obviously have minimal experience...these cars are all quite similar in performance just come down to what mods have been done on them..for ur info i have 2 mates with RZ's with normal supporting mods and our cars are even, just comes down to who gets a better start

Seems like your car has been modified. Once you start getting into mods there are problems with who has the better mods, who had them installed properly, etc. I still stand by my comment that a JZA80 RZ is better than an R32 and R33 GTS-T, however I recently had a run in with a R34. It was somewhat surprising. Obviously faster than me, 'cuz I just drive an Integra, but I'd say it was faster than the JZA70 my friend has too.

New Supra all the way im sorry to say but the skylines just cant compete

if there was a GTR in there it would have a very harder decision

supra- love the look, the engine, the short shift, that a*s, but hate the interior, in a manual one its like driving with your legs crossed!

why skyline? love the nissans

if an R34 GTR was up there then it would definately be my choise but otherwise a 6 speed twin turbo rz supra would be the one for me.

nah go the R34 tt they are a wihey look better than the supras...

in my opinion any way..

OK - Look how much experience the yanks would have tuning 2jz compared to the RB26's ...

I voted Supra, but that was because the poll looked like it was up against an R34 GTS-T

But the Supra tends to stand up to the GTR pretty well on the higher end of modding, but it all depends on who has more mods in the end.

hmmm. Well I would go the R33 just because I have one and love them! They are nicer inside than the supra and of course I'm one sided cos I own one! hehe! I haven't been able to do many mods yet as I've been changing and fixing absolutley everything that needed to be first!

dont get my wrong, skylines are great cars, but i reckon that to many people have them, for them to be cool. when i go for a drive, its like "oh, its just another skyline" but the supra get my blood racing, there awesome. i have seen some clips of some highly modded supras, and they kick butt!!!! but that only what i think...

thats funny cause in the past month, Ive spotted no r34s, but I have spotted some supras. Open your eyes.

Ive driven quite a few TT supras and i would only go with the skyline.

Ive owned a R34 25GT and even when i was thinking of upgrading I didnt even consider the supra since it just doesnt feel like a good ride/drive.. its way to cramped and u cant make use of the rear seats (obviously for spare tyres for drift). So i bought a R34 GTT :)

But i like how the interior in the supras wrap around you... and thats about it.

have to deff say supra since i own one lol

This is seriously lame!!!

You have specified what skyline models but not supra models! This plays a huge part!

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a new one that suits the nissan side of the site:

What would you choose?

A N/A 1993 supra?

or...

Any Fricking Skyline from any fricking year, including nismo z-tune models?

Take your pick

i would be chosing between the old model supra or the 33...

the old model supra is not as common as the rest thats why i would chose that but the 33 is newer so less problems..

but if its free then wut ever..

i picked the r32 coz i like the look of them and there cheaper to run