Sign in to follow this  
Spazo

Exercise and mood

I'm curious to know what emotions people go through when they work out.

If you lift heavy weights or do a fitness class that's really hard do you feel stressed or relaxed? Happy or pissed off?

I just started paying attention and I realized I get kinda pissed off and I need to learn to relax.. Or Maybe I don't enjoy it anymore and need to do other shot. Ho hum.

One of the reasons I work out is because you don't need to think about anything else. You need full concentraption and you forget about your bills, when things are due, etc, all your worries. I think you may be over thinking when at the gym. Just focus on what you're doing.

I'm f**king zen when I lift.

That is when I'm not talking smack...

I find working out at the gym relaxes me in a way. I love the focus I get out of it.. nothing on my mind but improving myself.

However, when I get home after gym, I seem a little agro and short. I can't stand people talking to me really. It feels like everyone's havin a go. Probably cause I'm exhausted and don't wanna hear about anyones shit. Just want to drink my shake, eat my dinner, and hit the hay.

Sounds like someone needs to get out of home

brother.. you have no idea :cursing:

Hence why gym is probably so relaxing? lol

hah I put my focus and determination hat on go all personal coach on myself. just keep telling myself to keep it up, push hard, dont give up etc.

yeah have to block everything out when pushing for that new pb, cant have anythign else on your mind. i love being able to shut everything out and not give a single phuck.